Monday, October 08, 2012

Classic Universal Monster Paintings!

The paint is flying at the Groman Studio! Doing 3 Classic Universal Monsters by way of Madballs this week for an upcoming Gallery Show. Other projects kept me pretty busy getting ready for NYCC so did not get to these until the last week or so before the due date, so gotta move quick! Actually, that's okay though. These Madball-esque paintings benefit from the crazy, free-form energy. It kinda fits the subject matter. Anyway, one more to go by Wednesday... The Wolfman!!

5 comments:

Carlos V. said...

AAAAMAZING!!!!

Dan said...

Those would be sweet if they were actually produced for the toy line. Gorgeous work!

James Groman said...

I am with you Dan....If I have my way, it will happen some day.
Would love to do a line of obscure monsters too....
Hideous Sun Demon, The She Creature....Saucer Men, ...
Someday!

Chris "Bah'glenn" Negri said...

Awesome stuff! Those would have made pretty cool Mad Balls, I like the Frankenstein's Monster one the best of the three. I had designs for 3 Halloween Mad Balls that I wanted to make, but right now they're just doodles.

I'm a huge fan of monsters, robots and skeletons so seeing a line of obscure monsters would be great to see. I'd love to see you create some unique characters/creatures & make them as Glyos-compatible heads. Or even a small little figure, you're stuff is top-notch so anything would be great to see. :-D

spacetrog said...

Cool stuff (as usual) Jim!

Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless